Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Earth Hour

For Earth Hour I was in Batavia, IL.  I'm not terribly focused on saving the environment myself but I do like to turn off lights that aren't in use and small stuff like that.  I'm not about to carry reuseable towels with me to every public restroom. Last year my friend, Marty Gniech, who lives in Batavia, was contacted by the people who hosted Earth Hour because they liked his t-shirts (martygniech.com and here). He attended last year but didn't decide to participate this year. I myself didn't really get much revenue from people buying my pictures, but I decided to try it again this year.  

This year I changed what I was doing a little bit. Last year I tried taking portraits of groups and totally lighted them with a flashlight and then made swirls and stuff behind them.  This year I just had kids, individually mostly, lighted with a flash and then they made different shapes with a colored LED of their choice (that I had). Mostly they made a big swirl right in front of their faces.  But I think a lot of them had a lot of fun.




























I was really glad when this kid came around.  He really got it. He ran around and definitely filled the space.











I was impressed with this kid's perfect star.



This guy was quite interested in the process.  For this one I painted him with one flashlight and he did the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment