Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Panoramas

Odd Shapes

I was in a phase for a while of taking a lot of panoramas.  I found that I didn't always like to cut them into rectangles.  The above image was taken in Vienna, Austria.  I was there for a two week writing class with my college back in May 2013.  There was a ladder like the one in the image but opposite that I'd climbed up to the platform.  Therefore the image is from a second story view. The window on the very bottom of the image was our classroom, right below me.  I find this to be a very interesting way to explore the space visually. 


















This image, of the Parkhaus City (Parking City) entrance is another interesting image that was made by stitching together several exposures.  The entrance really is a curve but the format makes it difficult to tell. 


This one was taken on the same trip, but in a different city.  Whereas the rest of the class returned to Illinois I went on a train across Germany all the way to Amsterdam.  That is where this image was taken. I like how confusing it seems at first glance.  The cherry-picker seems to be on the ground and holding up a building at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment