Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Light Unto My Path



I took this image in May of 2011 in Burlington, Iowa.  I like the way it contrasts the cool blue light with the very yellow light of the street lamps.  Looking at this image I thought of the song that has the words ". . . and a light onto my path." Although all around it is quite dark, there is a clear way to go, where the bright light leads the way.  That song is from Psalm 119:105 in the bible.  That whole psalm is about the Word of God. When David (the writer) calls it a light onto his path, he is saying that the Word of God tells him where to go.  He looks to what God has written to see how to live his life.

I decided to do a search to see if the words "light" and "path" were in any other verses in the bible and found in Proverbs (written by David's son years later) chapter four verse eighteen says "The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."  Thus, as you follow righteousness (which  is only available through the blood of Jesus) your path will become more and more obvious the longer you follow it.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment