Monday, September 8, 2014

Without Jesus


I titled this picture after taking it.  I have a profile on 500px.com (here) and it always makes the picture slightly more visible to others to give it a name. Sometimes I feel like God's creativity is flowing through me, other times I come up with very boring names.  When I put up this picture it just came to me:  Without Jesus.  This is what people eventually look like without Jesus.  He is, as Psalm 3:3 says, the "glory and the lifter of my head." (ESV)  Without Jesus we are downcast and dying.  Jesus lifts us up, draws us near to his light, and breaths his life into us.

These flowers were once alive but life has bent them over and they are drying up.  Their beauty has past and they are downcast. Through Jesus we are brought to life and near to him.  He shows the glory that he himself put into us when he made us.

2 comments:

  1. Great illustration, truly worth a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are one of two people who has ever commented on my blog.

      Delete