Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Little Adventure



Today I went on a little adventure where most people don't normally go: the forest within the city.  I live in Peoria IL, which is where these were all taken.  I started down the trail that goes north off of Nebraska just West of highway 74.  It starts as a very overgrown cement access road that ends with a path looking something like this:


After a while it opens up to a place where there are concrete pillars covered in graffiti.  I guess sometimes the water flows out of here pretty fast.  This next shot is from inside the tunnels that go under 74.  About a month ago I went on a walk from War Memorial near Barnes and Noble through these storm sewers all the way to Laura Bradley Park, so this wasn't the first time I'd been back here.  I didn't go further today because I didn't want to get my shoes wet. 


The water moves pretty quickly through here.


Overhanging trees and such.  It almost reminds me of some ancient Babylonian hanging garden, but there is just way too much nasty graffiti about drugs and things I don't really want to know about. 


Not many people know the city built a slip and slide.


There's drift wood even in Peoria, IL.  I bet the Bicentennial man couldn't make a cool little horse out of this though.


Here's the whole scene from afar.  


On the way back to my car:


Those one trees that always get holes eaten in the leaves by some specific bug:


No comments:

Post a Comment